We publish Thai Christian literature for children, students and adults with an increasing emphasis on developing Thai authors.
The aims are to strengthen individual Christians, to build up the church and to present the Gospel to readers throughout Thailand in forms that communicate effectively.
A brief history
1952: Literature Committee formed and headed by Mr. Howard Hatton.
1954: Mr. M.E. Grant wrote in the Literature Report, “…without the work of Emerson Frey there would probably have been no CWP (Christian Witness Press) in Thailand … he wrote the tracts, drew the covers, sent them to Hong Kong for production, then bought and distributed them himself!”
1961: Original premises were located at Sri Vieng Road.
1962: Mr. Bill Wilson joined the work, followed later by Mr. Grant Hannah.
1966: We moved to the third floor of a shop-house on Suriwong Road, Bangkok.
1970s–1990: OMF Publishers (hereby known as Kanok Bannasan) operated from Pan Road under the leadership of Mr. David Fewster.
1990: Kanok Bannasan, now one of the main publishers of Christian literature in Thailand, moved to its own building on Prachasongkhro Road.
2003: The first Thai director, Ms Achara Tangnararak, is appointed followed by a major restructuring.
2008: Kanok Bannasan relocated to the Bangkhuntian area in South West Bangkok.